About Nick D Virgilio Stereo Grooves Volume 2:
This product is a collection of multitrack drum grooves made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. They were played by progressive rock drummer Nick D Virgilio on a 6-piece Mapex kit, recorded by Mark Hornsby in a large live room in a Nashville studio. It is a collection of very ambient modern sounding grooves suitable for many styles of music from Progressive and Classic Rock to Pop to Rard Rock and Metal.
ProFile on Nick D Virgilio:
Nick D Virgilio is one of today's top modern rock / progressive rock drummers. He has worked with Genesis, Spock's Beard, Tears For Fears, Kevin Gilbert, Jordan Rudess, Mike Keneally, as well as numerous other side and solo projects. Nick delivers everything from solid pop grooves to quirky odd time signature progressive rock rhythms and is one of the only drummers to have a fluid effortless feel on par with that of one of the most distinct sounding drummers in rock history, Phil Collins.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Nick D Virgilio: "After we had done sessions with Nick at Mower Studios recreating various vintage BIG drum sounds in the style of bands we both love such as Genesis, Nick and Mark Hornsby set out to sample his signature Mapex kit and capture more general progressive rock grooves as well as beats from Spock's Beard and Kevin Gilbert's Thud. Those sessions were done in a large studio in Nashville and have a very modern progressive rock sound. I had also done a sampling session with Nick in LA in a small tight sounding drum room which are some beautiful organic sounds also featuring Blastix and Brushes. Those are ideal for acoustic pop and alternative rock. They will eventually be released for the Infinite Player at some point too. He's a very versatile drummer with great energy."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Whether you play from the keyboard, V-Drums™ or any electronic drum kit, Drum Masters 2 has some of the most advanced features for round robin randomization of hits, performance articulations like ghost notes, snare rolls, and hits from center to edge to rim. With new “ MIDI learn”, custom kits can be tailored for any drum pad set up. It includes GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for expressive MIDI grooves and universal compatibility all in one package. Top that off with ready to go mixes, built-in effects and infinite expandability, Drum Masters 2 is the ultimate virtual drum solution!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves:
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves offer natural acoustic drum loops in a variety of styles played by some of the best drummers in the world! Conveniently mixed stereo audio Rex format grooves can be played from the keyboard and combined with the midi-playable multi-track or stereo drum kit all from the same session to create the a drum track with incredible reaslism and expression.
• Rex Loops Mapped to the Keyboard: Stereo Rex grooves are conveniently mapped and playable from the keyboard for the ultimate real-time performance and speed of composition. With Drum Masters Stereo Grooves you even have access to the Rex files to use with other Rex compatible software such as DAWS and Samplers!
• Diverse Range of Kits and Grooves: Unique custom and vintage drum kit sounds and grooves from legendary drummers.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• Loops Can Automatically Sync to Your Host's Tempo! Drum Masters Stereo Grooves are set to automatically sync to your host's tempo. This can be turned on or off in the plug-in for the ultimate convenience and flexibility in your work flow.
• Authentic Played Audio Grooves Add Realism! By combining the audio grooves with your midi kit performances you get more nuances, feel and interaction of the kit which helps to simulate a REAL multi-track drum session.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Flexibility to process the natural acoustic drum sound through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Uses the Infinite Player Software: All Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player virtual instrument software powered by Kontakt™ which works stand alone for the Mac and PC and as a plug-in for major DAWS like ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Infinite Player is a licensing mechanism that authorizes Sonic Reality sounds to be played in Native Instrumens Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Kontakt is the industry's leading sampler and, combined with Sonic Reality's immaculate sampling and thorough scripting, allows for ultimate flexibility.
By registering the Infinite Player, any of Sonic Reality's sounds for Kontakt can be easily installed and expanded. The Infinite Player library will appear in your Kontakt library in the same manner that the Kontakt Library, Akoustik Piano, or Elektrik Piano would. After the one-time installation of the Infinite Library, all newly installed Sonic Reality sound sets for Kontakt will automatically appear!
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any brand and model names are for reference only; no affiliation is implied.