About Jerry Marotta Stereo Grooves Volume 1 Drum Kit:
This product is a collection of stereo grooves made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. The grooves were played by Jerry Marotta on his custom Yamaha setup he has played around the world with artists such as Peter Gabriel, Tony Levin Band, Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello. The grooves was recorded at Jerry's own studio called "Jerrsville" in Woodstock, New York in 2005. This special Yamaha® kit features three snare drums including a standard 14" x 5.5" main snare drum and an additional Yamaha Peter Erskine Signature Model 12" x 4" mountable snare drum. Jerry Marotta uses this multi-snare setup, in addition to his wide array of earthy cymbals, to achieve his signature sound in every genre from world music to pop. Grooves are played with wood sticks, brushes, and mallets and feature a few bonus extra ambient mic channels that are not in the corresponding multi-track grooves from his Drum Masters title.
ProFile on Jerry Marotta:
Jerry Marotta is a world class drummer who has worked with Peter Gabriel, The Indigo Girls, Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney, Todd Rundgren, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan, Suzanne Vega, Dream Academy, and many more. From big African rhythms on his Yamaha and Taos drum kits to inventive rock grooves with his unique style and feel, Jerry Marotta has a style that is uniquely his own.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Jerry Marotta: "For a long time I ve been a fan of Jerry's drumming. You can hear what a monster drummer he is on albums like Peter Gabriel's "Plays Live". Just listen to "No Self Control", "Rhythm of the Heat" and "Lay Your Hands On Me" as examples of emotional, dynamic tom rhythms and pulsing kick and snare beats. For his Studio ProFile Drum Masters title Mark Hornsby and I had Jerry, for the first time, revisit many of those signature grooves and tasteful drum sounds he was most known for. They are some of the most musically useful and desirable sounds for rock, pop, world music and film scoring that I ve come across. While we were there Tony Levin stopped by and it was nice to see Gabriel's original rhythm section in the studio together. Jerry enjoyed revisiting his past while also vamping and improvising on signature grooves to create new material as well. If you ever wanted to have the driving force behind powerful music such as that of Peter Gabriel's and the countless other artists he's laid his hands on, it doesn t get any closer than having the real deal, Jerry Marotta with his uniquely powerful drum sounds and style of playing."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Whether you play from the keyboard, V-Drums™ or any electronic drum kit, Drum Masters 2 has some of the most advanced features for round robin randomization of hits, performance articulations like ghost notes, snare rolls, and hits from center to edge to rim. With new “ MIDI learn”, custom kits can be tailored for any drum pad set up. It includes GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for expressive MIDI grooves and universal compatibility all in one package. Top that off with ready to go mixes, built-in effects and infinite expandability, Drum Masters 2 is the ultimate virtual drum solution!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves:
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves offer natural acoustic drum loops in a variety of styles played by some of the best drummers in the world! Conveniently mixed stereo audio Rex format grooves can be played from the keyboard and combined with the midi-playable multi-track or stereo drum kit all from the same session to create the a drum track with incredible reaslism and expression.
• Rex Loops Mapped to the Keyboard: Stereo Rex grooves are conveniently mapped and playable from the keyboard for the ultimate real-time performance and speed of composition. With Drum Masters Stereo Grooves you even have access to the Rex files to use with other Rex compatible software such as DAWS and Samplers!
• Diverse Range of Kits and Grooves: Unique custom and vintage drum kit sounds and grooves from legendary drummers.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• Loops Can Automatically Sync to Your Host's Tempo! Drum Masters Stereo Grooves are set to automatically sync to your host's tempo. This can be turned on or off in the plug-in for the ultimate convenience and flexibility in your work flow.
• Authentic Played Audio Grooves Add Realism! By combining the audio grooves with your midi kit performances you get more nuances, feel and interaction of the kit which helps to simulate a REAL multi-track drum session.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Flexibility to process the natural acoustic drum sound through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Uses the Infinite Player Software: All Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player virtual instrument software powered by Kontakt™ which works stand alone for the Mac and PC and as a plug-in for major DAWS like ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Infinite Player is a licensing mechanism that authorizes Sonic Reality sounds to be played in Native Instrumens Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Kontakt is the industry's leading sampler and, combined with Sonic Reality's immaculate sampling and thorough scripting, allows for ultimate flexibility.
By registering the Infinite Player, any of Sonic Reality's sounds for Kontakt can be easily installed and expanded. The Infinite Player library will appear in your Kontakt library in the same manner that the Kontakt Library, Akoustik Piano, or Elektrik Piano would. After the one-time installation of the Infinite Library, all newly installed Sonic Reality sound sets for Kontakt will automatically appear!
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any brand and model names are for reference only; no affiliation is implied.