Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Motown/Soul Kit: "One of the special sessions done in Nashville for the Studio ProFiles series was a recreation of classic Motown and Soul multitracks. When it came to the grooves, almost every nuance from the drums to tambourine parts, foot stomps, claps and snaps were recreated. Since a lot of people often try to sample old Motown, Stax and Atlantic records from the 60's, grooves like the infamous James Brown beats heard in Pop and Hip Hop to Marvin Gaye, Supremes, Stevie Wonder and more... we figured that people might like the opportunity to have legit royalty-free samples of those styles that they CAN use in their music legally as opposed to resorting to just "lifting it" off records. It d be a dream for many to have access to the original multitracks of those sessions to sample and this title simulates that as well! To go along with those grooves or even just to have on its own this great sounding multi-sampled vintage Gretsch kit is a must-have for any classic funk and soul fan."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters Multi-Track Drums:
Drum Masters Multitrack Drums put you in control of the mix as if you had the original multitrack master tapes in your hands! An accurate simulation of classic drum sounds allows you to create your own music with rare flavors of sound that were previously only a luxury to very few. This is ultimate production power inside your computer! Drum Masters kits can be combined with authentic played audio grooves from the same session to create the most realistic simulation of a live multi-track drum session of any drum plug-in today.
• Diverse Range of Kits: Unique custom and vintage drum kits from legendary drummers and top drum brands.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Full Multi-Channel Control! Hi quality discrete mic channel mixing so you can blend directs, overheads, ambient rooms and more to get a diverse range of sounds from dry to
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• GM and iMap Drum Maps: Both General Midi and Sonic Reality’s award-winning iMap™ drum layouts for the ultimate in compatibility and expressive realism when creating drum tracks.
• Left and Right Hand Alternate Hits! Drum Masters iMap kits have left and right stick alternate hits on separate keys for avoiding machine gun effect and simulating a drummer’s natural alternating two hand playing.
• Dynamic Velocities and Multiple Drum Positions! Drum Kits are mapped both with multiple velocities and a variety of positions of each drum from center to edge to rim.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Process each mic channel separately or together through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Unlimited Custom Kits Can Be Made! Drum Master kits are flexible and customizable allowing the ability to swap out kit pieces between kits to create your own custom hybrid drum kits.
• Uses the Infinite Player Software: All Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player* virtual instrument software powered by Kontakt™ which works stand alone for the Mac and PC and as a plug-in for major DAWS like ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
click to enlarge
IMAP and GM Mapping Formats
I-MAP™ is a proprietary MIDI note mapping/drum kit layout scheme developed by Sonic Reality that facilitates improved live performance of drum kits via MIDI keyboard. I-MAP places drums in their most flexible and intuitive position, allowing each of the fingers on both hands independent and coordinated control over the sampled kit. With little practice, it is possible to lay down complete drum grooves in a single take that have incredible feel and groove. I-Map has left and right stick positions per drum as well as a variety of positions from center to edge to rim. It includes additional performance articulations you don’t often get from other drum products such as left and right keys for snare rolls, separate ghost notes, hat foot open, chokes, crashing rides and more.
GM (General MIDI)
GM is the classic mapping format for standard midi files. Sonic Reality’s IMAP/GM remapping button works by putting selected IMAP notes remapped to GM notes instead. You can change an entire multi kit from IMAP to GM with one simple key switch. This offers the best of cutting edge expression without sacrificing universal compatibility with GM midi loops.
Drum Masters is part of the Studio ProFiles Series.
Sonic Reality’s Studio ProFiles series is focused on capturing the authentic sound of signature music styles, landmark studios, rare recording equipment, unique musical instruments and the unique sonic flavors of legendary producers, engineers, drummers and other musicians. While the Studio ProFiles series offers sound collections in a variety of formats such as BFD, Drum Core, Stylus RMX, Reason, SampleTank, Rex, Apple Loops and Wave, the main all-inclusive format for the Studio ProFiles series is SR’s own plug-in called “Infinite Player” which is powered by Native Instruments’ Kontakt.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from the Infinite Player software which works stand alone for the Mac and PC or as a plug-in for all major DAW/Sequencers. It is a high resolution full-featured sample engine with disc streaming for playing larger sized instruments. This plug-in technology offers more discrete control of the mixing, envelopes and other parameters than you normally find in a dedicated drum plug-in. With the Infinite Player software there is no need to own Kontakt or any other sampler just to play Drum Masters sounds.
As the name implies it is infinitely expandable with more downloadable sounds in the “Infinite Player” format.