About the Jerry Marotta Yam Brush Multi-track Drum Kit:
This product is a multi-sampled Yamaha Maple Custom kit made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. This kit belongs to Jerry Marotta and is the setup he has played around the world with artists such as Peter Gabriel, Tony Levin Band, Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello. The kit was recorded at Jerry's own studio called "Jerrsville" in Woodstock, New York in 2005. This special Yamaha® kit features three snare drums including a standard 14" x 5.5" main snare drum and an additional Yamaha Peter Erskine Signature Model 12" x 4" mountable snare drum. Jerry Marotta uses this multi-snare setup, in addition to his wide array of earthy cymbals, to achieve his signature sound in every genre from world music to pop. It is played with brushes with snares on and features a few bonus extra ambient mic channels that are not in the corresponding multi-track grooves from his Drum Masters title.
ProFile on Jerry Marotta:
Jerry Marotta is a world class drummer who has worked with Peter Gabriel, The Indigo Girls, Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney, Todd Rundgren, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan, Suzanne Vega, Dream Academy, and many more. From big African rhythms on his Yamaha and Taos drum kits to inventive rock grooves with his unique style and feel, Jerry Marotta has a style that is uniquely his own.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Jerry Marotta: "For a long time I ve been a fan of Jerry's drumming. You can hear what a monster drummer he is on albums like Peter Gabriel's "Plays Live". Just listen to "No Self Control", "Rhythm of the Heat" and "Lay Your Hands On Me" as examples of emotional, dynamic tom rhythms and pulsing kick and snare beats. For his Studio ProFile Drum Masters title Mark Hornsby and I had Jerry, for the first time, revisit many of those signature grooves and tasteful drum sounds he was most known for. They are some of the most musically useful and desirable sounds for rock, pop, world music and film scoring that I ve come across. While we were there Tony Levin stopped by and it was nice to see Gabriel's original rhythm section in the studio together. Jerry enjoyed revisiting his past while also vamping and improvising on signature grooves to create new material as well. If you ever wanted to have the driving force behind powerful music such as that of Peter Gabriel's and the countless other artists he's laid his hands on, it doesn t get any closer than having the real deal, Jerry Marotta with his uniquely powerful drum sounds and style of playing."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Whether you play from the keyboard, V-Drums™ or any electronic drum kit, Drum Masters 2 has some of the most advanced features for round robin randomization of hits, performance articulations like ghost notes, snare rolls, and hits from center to edge to rim. With new “ MIDI learn”, custom kits can be tailored for any drum pad set up. It includes GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for expressive MIDI grooves and universal compatibility all in one package. Top that off with ready to go mixes, built-in effects and infinite expandability, Drum Masters 2 is the ultimate virtual drum solution!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters 2 Multitrack Drums put you in control of the mix as if you had the original multitrack master tapes in your hands! An accurate simulation of classic drum sounds allows you to create your own music with rare flavors of sound that were previously only a luxury to very few. This is ultimate production power inside your computer! Drum Masters kits can be combined with authentic played audio grooves from the same session to create the most realistic simulation of a live multi-track drum session of any drum plug-in today.
• Diverse Range of Kits: Unique custom and vintage drum kits from legendary drummers and top drum brands.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Full Multi-Channel Control! Hi quality discrete mic channel mixing so you can blend directs, overheads, ambient rooms and more to get a diverse range of sounds from dry to
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• GM and iMap Drum Maps: Both General Midi and Sonic Reality’s award-winning iMap drum layouts for the ultimate in compatibility and expressive realism when creating drum tracks.
• Round Robin Randomized Hits! All Drum Masters kits articulations have been alternated for round robin and/or randomization capabilities, allowing for the most humanly realistic and expressive sound possible.
• Dynamic Velocities and Multiple Drum Positions! Drum Kits are mapped both with multiple velocities and a variety of positions of each drum from center to edge to rim.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Process each mic channel separately or together through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Unlimited Custom Kits Can Be Made! Drum Master kits are flexible and customizable allowing the ability to swap out kit pieces between kits to create your own custom hybrid drum kits.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
Mapping Modes: iMap, GM, V-Drum, Custom
iMap is a proprietary MIDI note mapping/drum kit layout scheme developed by Sonic Reality that facilitates improved live performance of drum kits via MIDI keyboard. iMap places drums in their most flexible and intuitive position, allowing each of the fingers on both hands independent and coordinated control over the sampled kit. With little practice, it is possible to lay down complete drum grooves in a single take that have incredible feel and groove. I-Map has left and right stick positions per drum as well as a variety of positions from center to edge to rim. It includes additional performance articulations you don’t often get from other drum products such as left and right keys for snare rolls, separate ghost notes, hat foot open, chokes, crashing rides and more.
click to enlarge
GM (General MIDI)
GM is the classic mapping format for standard MIDI files. Sonic Reality’s IMAP/GM remapping button works by putting selected IMAP notes remapped to GM notes instead. You can change an entire multi kit from IMAP to GM with one simple key switch. This offers the best of cutting edge expression without sacrificing universal compatibility with GM MIDI loops.
All Drum Masters 2 kits have been mapped for Roland's TD-20 V-Drum brain. V-Drum mapping features include a snare drum rimshot/sidestick switch and intricate hi-hat articulation controls. Round robin randomization and detailed articulation sampling introduce a realistic approach to e-drumming!
Assign any articulation of any instrument to any MIDI note! By either using the MIDI Learn function or an interface knob, this mapping panel allows for ultimate flexibility for use with any electronic drum kit, multi-pad controller or any other MIDI device.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Infinite Player is a licensing mechanism that authorizes Sonic Reality sounds to be played in Native Instrumens Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Kontakt is the industry's leading sampler and, combined with Sonic Reality's immaculate sampling and thorough scripting, allows for ultimate flexibility.
By registering the Infinite Player, any of Sonic Reality's sounds for Kontakt can be easily installed and expanded. The Infinite Player library will appear in your Kontakt library in the same manner that the Kontakt Library, Akoustik Piano, or Elektrik Piano would. After the one-time installation of the Infinite Library, all newly installed Sonic Reality sound sets for Kontakt will automatically appear!
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any brand and model names are for reference only; no affiliation is implied.