About Jerry Marotta Multitrack Grooves Volume 3:
This product is a collection of multitrack grooves made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. The grooves were played by Jerry Marotta on his custom Yamaha setup he has played around the world with artists such as Peter Gabriel, Tony Levin Band, Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello. The grooves was recorded at Jerry's own studio called "Jerrsville" in Woodstock, New York in 2005. This special Yamaha® kit features three snare drums including a standard 14" x 5.5" main snare drum and an additional Yamaha Peter Erskine Signature Model 12" x 4" mountable snare drum. Jerry Marotta uses this multi-snare setup, in addition to his wide array of earthy cymbals, to achieve his signature sound in every genre from world music to pop. Grooves are played with wood sticks, brushes, and mallets and feature a few bonus extra ambient mic channels that are not in the corresponding multi-track grooves from his Drum Masters title.
ProFile on Jerry Marotta:
Jerry Marotta is a world class drummer who has worked with Peter Gabriel, The Indigo Girls, Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney, Todd Rundgren, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan, Suzanne Vega, Dream Academy, and many more. From big African rhythms on his Yamaha and Taos drum kits to inventive rock grooves with his unique style and feel, Jerry Marotta has a style that is uniquely his own.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Jerry Marotta: "For a long time I ve been a fan of Jerry's drumming. You can hear what a monster drummer he is on albums like Peter Gabriel's "Plays Live". Just listen to "No Self Control", "Rhythm of the Heat" and "Lay Your Hands On Me" as examples of emotional, dynamic tom rhythms and pulsing kick and snare beats. For his Studio ProFile Drum Masters title Mark Hornsby and I had Jerry, for the first time, revisit many of those signature grooves and tasteful drum sounds he was most known for. They are some of the most musically useful and desirable sounds for rock, pop, world music and film scoring that I ve come across. While we were there Tony Levin stopped by and it was nice to see Gabriel's original rhythm section in the studio together. Jerry enjoyed revisiting his past while also vamping and improvising on signature grooves to create new material as well. If you ever wanted to have the driving force behind powerful music such as that of Peter Gabriel's and the countless other artists he's laid his hands on, it doesn t get any closer than having the real deal, Jerry Marotta with his uniquely powerful drum sounds and style of playing."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Drum Masters 2 is a virtual drum and groove instrument with the tools to create the most realistic virtual studio drum session in the computer. Live multitrack Rex audio grooves played by master session drummers and the unique ability to use both kits and grooves together to create incredibly realistic drum tracks!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters 2 Multitrack Drums put you in control of the mix as if you had the original multitrack master tapes in your hands! An accurate simulation of classic drum sounds allows you to create your own music with rare flavors of sound that were previously only a luxury to very few. This is ultimate production power inside your computer! Drum Masters kits can be combined with authentic played audio grooves from the same session to create the most realistic simulation of a live multitrack drum session of any drum plug-in today.
• The only multitrack Rex Loops Mapped to the Keyboard: These are currently the only time-aligned multitrack Rex loops playable from a MIDI keyboard! This offers the tempo flexibility of Rex format without sacrificing the discrete mix control of the mic channels.
• Diverse Range of Kits and Grooves: Unique custom and vintage drum kit sounds and grooves from legendary drummers.
• Performance Maps for Playing Grooves Along Side the Kits: Drum Masters grooves come with "Performance" maps which are 1-2 octaves of drums that are mapped in an area above the kit where both the kit and the grooves can be played at the same time and automatically routed to the same individual outputs for processing.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Full Multi-Channel Control! Hi quality discrete mic channel mixing so you can blend directs, overheads, rooms and more to get a diverse range of sounds from dry to ambient.
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• Loops Can Automatically Sync to Your Host's Tempo! Drum Masters multitrack Grooves are set to automatically sync to your host's tempo. This can be turned on or off in the plug-in for the ultimate convenience and flexibility in your work flow.
• Authentic Played Audio Grooves Add Realism! By combining the audio grooves with your MIDI kit performances you get more nuances, feel and interaction of the kit which helps to simulate a REAL multitrack drum session.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Process each mic channel separately or together through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Infinite Player is a licensing mechanism that authorizes Sonic Reality sounds to be played in Native Instrumens Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Kontakt is the industry's leading sampler and, combined with Sonic Reality's immaculate sampling and thorough scripting, allows for ultimate flexibility.
By registering the Infinite Player, any of Sonic Reality's sounds for Kontakt can be easily installed and expanded. The Infinite Player library will appear in your Kontakt library in the same manner that the Kontakt Library, Akoustik Piano, or Elektrik Piano would. After the one-time installation of the Infinite Library, all newly installed Sonic Reality sound sets for Kontakt will automatically appear!
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any brand and model names are for reference only; no affiliation is implied.