About Ed Greene Stereo Grooves Volume 2:
This product is a collection of stereo drum loops made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. It was recorded on a Tama Swingstar drum kit in a studio in Nashville with funk/rock drum legend Ed Greene. It features Ed's trademark piccolo snare that he used with artists such as Donald Fagen, Steely Dan, Barry White and many others. The toms are deep and rich, the kick is solid and punchy and the cymbals are crisp. The sound options in this library are versatile offering everything from a 70's funk/disco dry sound to a larger rattling room sound for retro rock.
ProFile on Ed Greene:
Ed Greene is a diverse funk, disco, jazz, rock and pop drummer who has played on classic albums by Steely Dan and Donald Fagen as well as Frank Sinatra, Mamas & The Papas, Four Tops, Diana Ross, Pointer Sisters, B.B. King, Hall & Oats and countless others. His grooves are known to be tight and in the pocket. One of his nick names “Greene Machine” came from his timing being so solid that he was the human drum machine.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about the Ed Greene: "I first met Ed Greene in the mid 90's because he was my next door neighbor in Eagle Rock, California. Being a big Steely Dan fan I knew his work from "Aja" and Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly". I remembered back then he had put out a sampling CD called "The Greene Machine" but it was never made into a CD ROM. So, over 10 years later when we were putting together the Studio ProFiles series and part of the mission was to ressurect some long lost stereo artist sessions I thought of Ed's title and wondered what had become of it and Ed. It turned out that Ed still had a few unused discs left of "The Greene Machine" and was open to us updating his collection to be in modern sample formats such as Rex, Apple Loops, Acidized Wave and mapped for our Infinite Player powered by Kontakt. Since he had moved to Nashville where engineer/associate Mark Hornsby works we also set up a new session with Ed recording specifically for Sonic Reality. For this new multi-track session we concentrated even more on a retro sound in the style of Steely Dan and Ed's 70's various rock/funk/disco sessions."
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Whether you play from the keyboard, V-Drums™ or any electronic drum kit, Drum Masters 2 has some of the most advanced features for round robin randomization of hits, performance articulations like ghost notes, snare rolls, and hits from center to edge to rim. With new “ MIDI learn”, custom kits can be tailored for any drum pad set up. It includes GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for expressive MIDI grooves and universal compatibility all in one package. Top that off with ready to go mixes, built-in effects and infinite expandability, Drum Masters 2 is the ultimate virtual drum solution!
Example Drum Masters "Multi" Drum Kit Screen Shot
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves:
Drum Masters Stereo Drum Grooves offer natural acoustic drum loops in a variety of styles played by some of the best drummers in the world! Conveniently mixed stereo audio Rex format grooves can be played from the keyboard and combined with the midi-playable multi-track or stereo drum kit all from the same session to create the a drum track with incredible reaslism and expression.
• Rex Loops Mapped to the Keyboard: Stereo Rex grooves are conveniently mapped and playable from the keyboard for the ultimate real-time performance and speed of composition. With Drum Masters Stereo Grooves you even have access to the Rex files to use with other Rex compatible software such as DAWS and Samplers!
• Diverse Range of Kits and Grooves: Unique custom and vintage drum kit sounds and grooves from legendary drummers.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• Loops Can Automatically Sync to Your Host's Tempo! Drum Masters Stereo Grooves are set to automatically sync to your host's tempo. This can be turned on or off in the plug-in for the ultimate convenience and flexibility in your work flow.
• Authentic Played Audio Grooves Add Realism! By combining the audio grooves with your midi kit performances you get more nuances, feel and interaction of the kit which helps to simulate a REAL multi-track drum session.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Flexibility to process the natural acoustic drum sound through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Uses the Infinite Player Software: All Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player virtual instrument software powered by Kontakt™ which works stand alone for the Mac and PC and as a plug-in for major DAWS like ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Infinite Player is a licensing mechanism that authorizes Sonic Reality sounds to be played in Native Instrumens Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Kontakt is the industry's leading sampler and, combined with Sonic Reality's immaculate sampling and thorough scripting, allows for ultimate flexibility.
By registering the Infinite Player, any of Sonic Reality's sounds for Kontakt can be easily installed and expanded. The Infinite Player library will appear in your Kontakt library in the same manner that the Kontakt Library, Akoustik Piano, or Elektrik Piano would. After the one-time installation of the Infinite Library, all newly installed Sonic Reality sound sets for Kontakt will automatically appear!
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any brand and model names are for reference only; no affiliation is implied.