Get Out the Funk and Soul With These Retro R&B Drum Grooves!
Motown Multitrack Grooves Volume 1 is part of the Drum Masters series where you can pick out a la carte kits and grooves that work with Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player* plugin and build one of the most powerful virtual drum collections ever!
About Motown Multitrack Grooves Volume 1:
This product is a collection of multitrack drum grooves made to be played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player. The grooves were recorded on a classic Gretsch soul kit in a medium sized room in a Nashville studio. These grooves and its matching multi-track Motown Soul kit are idea for R&B, Soul, Funk, Pop, Hip Hop, and other styles.
Quote from Dave Kerzner of Sonic Reality about Motown/Soul Kit: "One of the special sessions done in Nashville for the Studio ProFiles series was a recreation of classic Motown and Soul multitracks. When it came to the grooves, almost every nuance from the drums to tambourine parts, foot stomps, claps and snaps were recreated. Since a lot of people often try to sample old Motown, Stax and Atlantic records from the 60's, grooves like the infamous James Brown beats heard in Pop and Hip Hop to Marvin Gaye, Supremes, Stevie Wonder and more... we figured that people might like the opportunity to have legit royalty-free samples of those styles that they CAN use in their music legally as opposed to resorting to just "lifting it" off records. It d be a dream for many to have access to the original multitracks of those sessions to sample and this title simulates that as well! To go along with those grooves or even just to have on its own this great sounding multi-sampled vintage Gretsch kit is a must-have for any classic funk and soul fan."
Product Size: 652 Megabytes (Original); 414 Megabytes (Zipped)
Kit Brand: Gretsch
Stick Type: Sticks
||Number of Grooves
Matching Drum Masters Kit: Motown Multitrack Soul Drum Kit (Sold Separately)
Drum Kit Overview
Please note this is for quick reference of main content and is not meant to show accurate stereo positioning or extra kit pieces that may also be a part of the kit.
Gretsch Kick Drum: 20" x 16"
Gretsch Snare: 14" x 5.5"
Gretsch 2 Rack Toms: 10" x 8", 12" x 9"
Gretsch 1 Floor Tom: 14" x 14"
Zildjian 14" Hi Hats
Zildjian Ride Cymbal 20”
Zildjian 2 Crash Cymbals 18" 18"
Zildjian China Cymbal 18"
Zildjian Splash Cymbal 10"
Discrete Microphone Channels You Can Mix!
This kit includes the following mic channels:
- Kick Direct
- Sub Kick
- Snare Top Direct
- Snare Bottom
- Tom 1 Direct
- Tom 2 Direct
- Tom 3 Direct
- Room 1
Easy to Use, Intuitive and Flexible Graphic User Interface!
Example Drum Masters Multitrack Groove Screen Shot
Drum Masters Multi-Track Drum Grooves:
Drum Masters Multitrack Drums put you in control of the mix as if you had the original multitrack master tapes in your hands! An accurate simulation of classic drum sounds allows you to create your own music with rare flavors of sound that were previously only a luxury to very few. This is ultimate production power inside your computer! Authentically played multi-track Drum Masters audio grooves can be combined with the midi-playable multi-track drum kit all from the same session to create the most realistic simulation of a live multi-track drum session of any drum plug-in today.
• The only Multi-track Rex Loops Mapped to the Keyboard: These are currently the only time-aligned multi-track Rex loops playable from a midi keyboard! This offers the tempo flexibility of Rex format without sacrificing the discrete mix control of the mic channels.
• Diverse Range of Kits and Grooves: Unique custom and vintage drum kit sounds and grooves from legendary drummers.
• Performance Maps for Playing Grooves Along Side the Kits: Drum Masters grooves come with "Performance" maps which are 1-2 octaves of drums that are mapped in an area above the kit where both the kit and the grooves can be played at the same time and automatically routed to the same individual outputs for processing.
• Signature Styles and Sounds: Authentic techniques and recording equipment used in the session to recreate drum sounds from iconic Classic Rock albums to Jazz, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop, World, Pop and other styles.
• Full Multi-Channel Control! Hi quality discrete mic channel mixing so you can blend directs, overheads, rooms and more to get a diverse range of sounds from dry to ambient.
• Unprocessed Natural Acoustic Sound: Recorded naturally with no additional processing for maximum flexibility to produce, process and engineer within your DAW.
• Loops Can Automatically Sync to Your Host's Tempo! Drum Masters Multi-track Grooves are set to automatically sync to your host's tempo. This can be turned on or off in the plug-in for the ultimate convenience and flexibility in your work flow.
• Authentic Played Audio Grooves Add Realism! By combining the audio grooves with your midi kit performances you get more nuances, feel and interaction of the kit which helps to simulate a REAL multi-track drum session.
• Ideal Material to Use with Effect Plug-ins: Process each mic channel separately or together through your favorite studio effects plug-ins and channel strip EQ in your DAW.
• Uses the Infinite Player Software: All Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from Sonic Reality’s Infinite Player* virtual instrument software powered by Kontakt™ which works stand alone for the Mac and PC and as a plug-in for major DAWS like ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
• Endlessly Expandable Collection! With the Infinite Player you can expand and add more Sonic Reality drum kits, grooves and other instrument sounds to your collection.
Drum Masters is part of the Studio ProFiles Series.
Sonic Reality’s Studio ProFiles series is focused on capturing the authentic sound of signature music styles, landmark studios, rare recording equipment, unique musical instruments and the unique sonic flavors of legendary producers, engineers, drummers and other musicians. While the Studio ProFiles series offers sound collections in a variety of formats such as BFD, Drum Core, Stylus RMX, Reason, SampleTank, Rex, Apple Loops and Wave, the main all-inclusive format for the Studio ProFiles series is SR’s own plug-in called “Infinite Player” which is powered by Native Instruments’ Kontakt.
About Sonic Reality's Infinite Player
Drum Masters Kits and Grooves are played from the Infinite Player software which works stand alone for the Mac and PC or as a plug-in for all major DAW/Sequencers. It is a high resolution full-featured sample engine with disc streaming for playing larger sized instruments. This plug-in technology offers more discrete control of the mixing, envelopes and other parameters than you normally find in a dedicated drum plug-in. With the Infinite Player software there is no need to own Kontakt or any other sampler just to play Drum Masters sounds.
As the name implies it is infinitely expandable with more downloadable sounds in the “Infinite Player” format. Grooves can be found under downloadable “Loop Packs” and kits can be found under downloadable “Instruments”.
System & Product Use Requirements: Infinite Player software*, Mac or PC computer, 1.5+ GHz processor, minimum of 2GB RAM, Firewire, Sata or fast bus Hard Drive, ASIO compatible audio interface, Midi Interface and Midi Controller.
* Note: The Infinite Player must be purchased separately to use this product.
Click here to download Infinite Player.
All mention of Gretsch and Zildjian are for reference only. No official affiliation implied. Kontakt is a registred trademark of Native Instruments. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.