Studio Profiles Complete Artist Collection for Stylus RMX
Brought to you by leading edge sound developer Sonic Reality, Studio ProFiles focuses on the best of the best when it comes to sample sessions with legendary artists, famous instrument brands, top studio gear and authentic musical styles. Here youll not only be able to get a behind the scenes look at famous studio sessions and live performances but also purchase Studio ProFile series sound libraries that are like having access to the multitrack masters of classic albums and films to use in YOUR OWN MUSIC!
Through products into the Studio ProFile series your music and visual productions can have a sound that would otherwise cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars in studio time, gear rentals and the fees of top engineers, producers and session musicians for a small fraction of the cost.
Recorded with Top Studio Gear
Studio ProFiles are recorded at 24-bit resolution directly into ProTools HD using only top studio equipment such as Neve, SSL, API, Manley, Great River and more. They deliver ready-to-use, album quality material and an authentic sound with outstanding character that is inspiring for many styles of music.
Each title in the Studio ProFiles series "profiles" a different world-class musician or a specific musical genre/style and includes legendary musicians playing grooves and phrases with the feel they are famous for.
- Bill Bruford - Bill Bruford is a drummer known for innovative playing with classic rock and jazz groups such as Yes, King Crimson, UK, Genesis, Patrick Moraz, Al Di Meola, Chick Corea, ABWH and many others. Specializing in odd time signatures and a distinct high pitched snare, big roto toms and pioneering the use of percussion electronics, Bill’s sound has always been recognizable as his own. His classic solo albums such as “One of a Kind” feature great players such as Alan Holdsworth, Jeff Berlin and Dave Stewart. Bill continues currently with his acclaimed “Earthworks” project recording and performing music that stretches the boundaries of instrumental music even further. Over 500 loops.
- Matt Sorum - Matt Sorum is the consummate rock journeyman, having played with the Cult, Guns N Roses (which chalked-up $30 million in record sales and two Grammy and MTV award nominations). These days Matt provides the slammin beat behind the hard rock supergroup "Velvet Revolver." Great rock drums from a proven hit machine.
- Danny Gottlieb - Danny Gottlieb is one of the most popular drummers in jazz and contemporary music. While best known as the drummer in the original Pat Metheny Group, Danny, during the past 25 years, has performed and recorded with some of the world's greatest musicians. He has also worked with numerous jazz and rock artists such as: Jeff Berlin Trio; Gary Burton Quartet; Stan Getz Quintet; Blues Brothers Band, Sting, Bobby McFerrin Trio; Eddie Gomez Group; Michael Franks Band; John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra; Al DiMeola Project; Mike Stern Trio; Manhattan Jazz Quintet; Manhattan Jazz Orchestra: GRP Big Band; Gary Sinise’s Lt Dan Band; Joe Beck Trio; Big Band; NDR Big Band; Randy Brecker Quartet; Booker T and the MG's; Pete Levin Trio and many more.
- Ed Greene - Ed Greene is a diverse funk, disco, jazz, rock and pop drummer who has played on classic albums by Steely Dan and Donald Fagen as well as Frank Sinatra, Mamas & The Papas, Four Tops, Diana Ross, Pointer Sisters, B.B. King, Hall & Oats and countless others. His grooves are known to be tight and in the pocket. One of his nick names “Greene Machine” came from his timing being so solid that he was the human drum machine.
- Jerry Marotta - Jerry Marotta is a world class drummer who has worked with Peter Gabriel, The Indigo Girls, Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney, Todd Rundgren, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan, Suzanne Vega, Dream Academy and many more. From big African rhythms on his Yamaha and Taos drum kits to inventive rock grooves with his unique style and feel. Jerry Marotta had never previously put out a sample library of his drumming work despite being approached by many companies to do it over the years. It was through mutual friend Steve Dewire that Jerry was introduced to Dave Kerzner and Mark Hornsby of Sonic Reality who would end up recording and programming the very first collection of grooves and drum kit samples from this master musician.
- John Blackwell - John Blackwell is one of today's hottest Pop/R&B/Hip Hop drummers both live and in the studio. He's played with Prince, Diddy, Patti Labelle, Lauryn Hill, Cameo and is currently touring with Justin Timberlake's Future Sex Love Show . John is known for flashy light speed drum riffs and tight funky drumming that suits many different styles of music.
- Neil Peart Vol 2 Modern Grooves - As a follow up to Sonic Reality's Neil Peart Drums Vol. 1 The Kit, Neil Peart Drums Vol. 2 Modern Grooves (formerly called "The Grooves") features Rex, Apple Loops and Wave drum grooves performed by Neil Peart, the legendary drummer of the band Rush, which were recorded by producer Nick Raskulinecz (Rush, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains). This title focuses on the hard rock grooves of Rush in the style of songs from Rush's "Roll The Bones" album up through "Snakes and Arrows". Over 500 groove patterns to work with in any combination with flexible tempos so they can fit into any style of music you re working on. It's like having Neil Peart play drums on your songs! Neil Peart Drums R.A.W. Artist Pack is the ultimate collection of album quality stereo mixed drums for your music!
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CREDITING NEIL PEART ON YOUR MUSIC PROJECTS:
You must credit the use of Neil Peart's grooves in your music in a way that conveys it is from a Sonic Reality sample library and not as if he played drums on your song. An example that would be okay is
"Featuring Neil Peart Drums by Sonic Reality" An example that would not be okay is "Drums by Neil Peart". You can alternatively not credit the drums at all. But if you want to use Neil Peart's name it must be "Neil Peart Drums by Sonic Reality". If you have any questions you can contact support (at) sonicreality (dot) com.
- Alan White - Not many drummers can span everything from the accessible, solid, pop sounds of John Lennon to the mixed time signatures, frenetic tempo variations and dynamic overtures of Yes. But Alan White s playing has consistently shown his yoga-like, stylistic flexibility while keeping a creative edge, regardless of genre. He played with Lennon on his successful "Imagine" album, with George Harrison on "All Things Must Pass," and has been the driving heartbeat of Yes since 1972. Great grooves in 7/4, 7/8, 5/4 and 9/4.
- Terry Bozzio - From the 80s progressive pop of Missing Persons to the technically "over the top" music of UK and Frank Zappa to Terry s Grammy-winning work with Jeff Beck—his playing has inspired some truly great compositions and instrumental performances. He can take things from four-on-the-floor pop to smoking double-kick grooves. He will fly into blinding double-stroke fills only to chill with a delicate, melodic part that s perfect for film soundtracks. TerryPack I shows a player that s a hybrid of punk enthusiasm and incredible chops that showcases custom-made China cymbals and custom-made melodic toms.
- Nick D Virgilo - Nick D Virgilio is one of the premier modern rock / progressive rock drummers on the scene. He has worked with Genesis, Spock's Beard, Tears For Fears, Kevin Gilbert, Jordan Rudess, Mike Keneally, as well as numerous other side and solo projects. Nick delivers everything from solid pop grooves to quirky odd time signature prog grooves. This combined with his signature pop sensibilities and skillful melodic playing make Nick D Virgilio a modern rock powerhouse.
- Nick Mason - Nick Mason Drums from Sonic Reality captures the iconic drum sound of legendary drummer Nick Mason of Pink Floyd. With sampled grooves performed by Nick Mason and recorded by Alan Parsons, the original engineer who recorded Pink Floyd’s epic album “Dark Side of the Moon, using the same classic EMI mixing console as they did in the 70s, these vintage drum samples couldn’t be more authentic. Now these timeless drum grooves can be used in your music with the Nick Mason Drums in three popular loop formats: Rex, Apple Loops and Acidized Wave (we call that the R.A.W. loop series). It’s like a virtual recording session with one of the founding members of Pink Floyd, Nick Mason. When you use these loops it is literally Nick playing drums on your songs which is something that has never been possible before. Whether you’re doing Classic Rock, Progressive Rock or other styles of music these classic drum grooves offer incredible inspiration and album quality sounds right out of the gate!
- David Frangioni presents Brian Frasier Moore Vol 1 - This library features the playing of groove-master Brian Fraiser-Moore. Brian is the consummate musician and time-keeper having played with Madonna, Usher, Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake, Toni Braxton, Keny Babyface Edmonds, Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Queen Latifah and many more. This library was impeccably recorded by Roger Nichols and David Frangioni at The Village in Los Angeles, Studio D. The Village Recorder is considered a legendary studio, famous for landmark sessions by Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Petty, The Rolling Stones (Angie), Supertramp (Breakfast in America), Pink Floyd (Momentary Lapse of Reason), the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, The Wallflowers, Rage Against The Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Nelly, Alanis Morissette and many others.
- Sly Dunbar - This is the real deal in reggae drumming. As half of "Sly & Robbie," reggae s premier rhythm section, Sly Dunbar has appeared on records by legends such as Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Black Uhuru and Burning Spear. He has also played with non-reggae artists such as Grace Jones, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, and Herbie Hancock. His latest work is in the classic "Dub" style. SlyPack I is for those who want authentic reggae and classic ska drums. From its light and playful hi-hat figures to the snare drops and ghost notes, this groove pack captures the sounds of a true Jamaican "riddim" king.
- Zoro - From the classic 60-70s rock he played with Lenny Kravitz to the old-school, R&B-meets-hip-hop beats from the Bobby Brown days, Zoro has always delivered the groove with maximum soul. Zoro wrote the popular "Commandments of R&B Drumming: A Comprehensive Guide to Soul, Funk & Hip-Hop" instructional DVD series, and the beats you find in DrumCore even reach back to funk s New Orleans roots. This pack is filled with a huge number of grooves that lend themselves to funk, R&B, hip-hop, and pop song styles.
* You must own Spetrasonics Stylus RMX in order to use this product.